Regional Business Developer
What's the role?
We are currently searching for a Regional Business Developer to work in Santiago, with our Chilean and Peruvian Markets.
The RBD (Regional Business Development) is a technical and leadership role part of the Hilti Energy & Industry community. As a RBD you will be focusing on a portfolio of regional Engineering and Construction Accounts (EPCs) important for the HILTI business. You will create a strategy and lead its execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and technical specifications. For this task you must work as a team with the local sales force associated with these Account(s).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 80 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 31,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards.
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase dep., lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement).
- Works on the creation of standards, mainly with local offices.
- Focus primarily on customer projects in the hosting countries.
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that effect the company and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances.
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company.
- Works with several functional areas located in Latam region.
Achieve Standard and Specifications on assigned Account(s).
Develop Account strategies to maximize Hilti product penetration and partnership level.
Drive Account Engagement.
Support joint developments.
Achieve Net Sales Plan.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- - B. Sc. Degree or equivalent degree in mechanical, civil, electric or mining engineering.
- - 8 years of total experience, 6 of those years in business development or sales for specified engineering products or sales of solutions in the Mining industry.
- - In addition, an experience with or within EPC, Engineering Consultant, Contractors and work on Mining Projects is required.
- - Demonstrated business administration experience forecasting, budget, planning etc.
- - Demonstrated work experience in international English-speaking environment
- - Proficient in English
- - Presentation skills
- - Business sales negotiation skills
- - Acts independently
- - Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational structure
¿Do you want to be our Next Regional Business Developer?
¡Apply and be part of our Team!
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”