Key Project Manager Mining - Gerente Proyecto Clave Minería (KPM)
What's the role?
We're seeking an exceptional Key Project Manager to join our sales team and focus on the most important projects within the Mining segment in Chile.
This position will have local, regional and global impact, therefore we’re looking for a professional that can perform in a multicultural and international work environment.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 27,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The KPM (Key Project Manager) is a leadership project management role part of the global Hilti Energy & Industry community. As a KPM, you will be managing sales on 3 – 8 projects on the mining industry with an estimated annual sales target. You will be acting as a single point of contact or a single owner of the project to integrate all the activities from sales planning to sales acquisition to the execution of the project/orders. Your job is to orchestrate the project team (including sales, engineering, and other main stakeholders involved) functioning by drafting a direction, aligning the team and guiding them to win sales must-win battles targeting the end objective of maximizing sales on these construction projects.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. If you have experience managing projects in the mining segment coordinating multiple stakeholders and achieving sales, it’ll be a big advantage.
What you need is:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, further education in Business Administration, Project Management is an advantage
- Advanced level of English is a must for developing this function, any other language is an advantage
- At least 10-12 years of experience in the field of project sales in the mining segment with sound technical competence to understand the segment nuances
- Experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders and presenting project status and risks to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational structure
- Willingness to travel 70% of the time to visit main projects in Chile and to fulfill the business goals
- Good communicator and has strong interpersonal skills
As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a day-in-the-life ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for the job and the caliber of our people. We’ll also pay for your travel to the interview.
If you are curious and want to find more, go to:
And apply now!
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”